Monday, October 26, 2020

19 Blue Hour Photographs for Inspiration

Great Images

Those pics really get the creative juices flowing. Thanks.

Reply

Reply

Thanks, it’s for sure a wonderful time of the day!

Beautiful images, but some of them are not really blue hour for me, but rather sunset.
I love shooting during the blue hour, especially in Paris, but it does not last for very long…

Way to “painterly” for me, but technically on the button.

I guess that’s what stock photos sell these days…….something to learn from? I agree with you on the technical aspect!

Hi

Here is another Blue Hour picture at Languna Beach – ultra long exposure time (~20s) to smooth out the large waves of the day into a glassy surface.

http://tinyurl.com/25az5lg

Regards, Erik

Is this art? These look like default Windows backgrounds. Why would you bother taking photos like this?

Because a lot of people enjoy simple beauty?
Photographers can of course move beyond simple beauty into art ๐Ÿ˜‰

Great Images here folks, however there seems to be some difference between Blue Hour and the golden hour? Is there?
In your humble opinion(s) what is the difference.
Best regards,
Wanderer

For me the golden hour is 1 hr after dawn – and possibly 1hr before sunset depending on the weather. The blue hour is later – we call it twilight in the UK. Sometimes its very blue ! ……

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/436

try again …
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4364061698/in/set-72157623474232666/

Not Golden Hour but later, ok, so Blue Hour images are really ‘night time’ images!

I’d love to see more like this. Certainly isn’t anything quite like it.

Gorgeous pics. Some are a bit more sunset rather than after. Still, wonderful images.
I took this one in September at the Minnesota State Fair. Hope you like it too.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ken-b-images/5260159872/

Shameless self promotion. Here’s my blue hour shot of the widest river on the easter seaboard:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5323219049/in/photostream/

Very interesting shots – golden hour is familiar to me but blue hour is new. I was out photographing by the full moon this morning but I think it wasn’t even blue hour at that time! Reply

I am a big fan of early morning shooting. Here are two shots I’ve taken in the early early morning hours (and it’s COLD in Chicago in the morning this time of year)

Here’s a long exposure blue hour shot I took recently in Ocho Rios, Jamaica.

I guess the image would probably help, huh : ) Reply

Great shots. At first I was confused by ‘blue hour’, as I’m such a fan of the magic hour for shooting. [aka: golden hour] But YES I am now more knowledgeable about what to call my second favorite time of the day. Nerdy note: it seems that blue hour shots must have water?

Last try, I swear

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xclearmindx

My amateurish attempt:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dshreyas/5061365769/lightbox/

I’ve just finished a fantastic ebook called Below The Horizon that teaches twilight photography. It’s well worth the $5 from Craft & Vision.

Here’s my first attempt, 1 hour after sunset:

Enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚

Maybe try this one:

or this one:

Reply

Nice images, particularly the second last one!

An amazing collection of images as always! Though I’m not sure if the blue hour is in the wee hours of the morning, or just before nightfall. I’ve experienced both. Here’s mine, the GWB in the morning hours just before sunrise and everything has that wonderful blue hue.
Reply

These pictures are just a sample of God’s creativity….

Amazing collection. I just wish the photographers would specify the gear they used (camera, lenses), ISO, shutter speed etc. for each picture…

Let's block ads! (Why?)


Light Stalking https://ift.tt/2TsAcyB

Sourced by Time Trap Photography sharing the best photography tips, news and tricks throughout the industry. Time Trap Photography is dedicated to freezing those special moments in life that can be revisited and admired for generations to come. - Shannon Bourque
Please visit our main site for booking availability and rates.



"Time


Receive valuable industry knowledge delivered free to your email each day.


"Time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. A moderator will review and approve all relevant posts. We appreciate your support and encourage you to stay with us by subscribing to our email updates. Where you can easily pick and choose what photography subjects interests you. Subscription link: http://bit.ly/photo-sub

About Us

Time Trap Photography is dedicated to freezing those special moments in life that can be revisited and admired for generations to come. - Shannon Bourque

The lens in focus

“Life is like a camera. Just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot.” — Unknown

TIME TRAP PHOTOGRAPHY COPYRIGHT 2016